I have a confession to make.
I don’t like real fruit smoothies.
There I said it. Give me a smoothie filled with fake fruit syrup and ice cream any day, but please, no real fruit smoothies!
Don’t ask me why I don’t like them. I like fruit, and even fruit mixed together like in fruit salad, but I’ve never liked fruit smoothies.
Well, that was until today.
That’s right, today I came up with a real fruit smoothie recipe that I LOVE.
Introducing coconut milk, my fruit smoothie hero.
- 1 Banana (can be frozen to make smoothie extra cold)
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Apple
- 1 Cup frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.)
- 2 Cups Spinach
- Splash of Water
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more coconut milk if needed (I start with 1/3 cup and add more if I want more coconut flavor)
- Add a splash of water to thin if needed.
- I use all organic fruits, vegetables, and berries.