Possibly the most popular dessert topper in America, whipped cream, is a dairy product filled with sugar and sometimes preservatives such as polysorbate.
A solution for those Paleo, vegan and sugar-shunners just might be coconut milk!
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- 2 tsp Honey (optional)
- Put your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. This will help the coconut cream separate from the water.
- The next day, take your coconut milk flip the can.
- Open the can.
- Carefully scoop the cream from the water.
- Put the water away to drink or use in a smoothie later 😉
- Take the cream and place it in a beater.
- Begin to beat the coconut milk at a medium high speed. (I have a kitchen aid and use the second highest speed).
- Add the vanilla and honey. You can either follow the recommended amounts or add to taste.
- Beat for 10-15 minutes until it looks like whipped cream.
- Coconut milk must be full fat.
- Some types of coconut milk won't separate when refrigerated. The best brands seem to be Thai Kitchen (although it didn't separate for me once recently), Trader Joe's, and Natural Value.