Shredded carrot salad with raisins, crunchy pecans, and sweet pineapple chunks is the perfect addition to your summer menu. The delicious crunch of the carrots combined with the sweet pineapple and tartness of the lemon, gives you a carrot salad recipe that is reminiscent of what grandma used to make.
Carrot Salad Recipe with Raisins, Pecans, and Sweet Pineapple
- 1 package, 10 oz, matchstick carrots
- 1 can, 20 oz, pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Mix matchstick grated carrots, drained sweet pineapple chunks, raisins and pecan pieces together in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle carrot salad with sugar and salt and mix well so all carrots are coated.
- Add mayonnaise and lemon juice to a bowl and mix well.
- Now add mayo mixture to carrot salad and make sure all salad is covered.
- Refrigerate salad for a min of 1 hour before serving for best results and stir prior to serving to mix up any settled moisture.
Inspired by saltysidedish.com