Frozen Ginger Mango
- 1/2 lbs ginger root (150 mL)
- bunch mangoes
- corn starch or potato starch (to thicken)
- mint leaves (garnish)
- Juice Some Ginger. Take approximately 1/2 lbs of ginger root and juice it. You should get around 150 mL (more than half a cup) of juice.
- Blend a Bunch of Mangoes. Cut the flesh off a bunch of mangoes. Just scrape the flesh out with a spoon and off of the pit with a knife.
- Add 1 TBSP of ginger juice per medium-sized mango. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mangoes into whatever you have that's appropriate: ramekins, cookie or muffin tins, ice cube trays, etc... Freeze.
- Ginger Glaze. For every one part of ginger juice, add somewhere between 3 to 4 parts sugar. Reduce over low heat just bringing it to a simmer. Be careful not to burn it or to boil it over. Once all the sugar is in solution let it cool.
- If it's not thick enough, try adding some corn starch or potato starch. Remove some of the liquid, cool it and add the starch. Once dissolved, add the mixture back to the hot liquid. If you add the starch directly to the hot liquid you run the risk of it forming chunks that are nearly impossible to dissolve.
- Chop the frozen mango puree into bite-size pieces and cover with the ginger glaze. Add mint leaves to show your guests just how classy you really are.