This vegan enchilada casserole is reminiscent of real enchiladas, but a whole lot easier to make since you just layer the ingredients. You can also play around with the original recipe pretty easily and come up with some different variations to suit any taste buds.
Vegan Enchilada Casserole
- 2 Cans Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce Mild
- 1 Can Olives Chopped
- 1/2 Can Water Add more if the mixture is not spreadable
- 1/2 Jar Tame Jalapenos These add a kick if you choose not to use cheese... add to taste
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Pound Vegan Cheese Optional
- 1 Package Flour Tortillas Pick the softest tortillas available- these will absorb the moisture best
- Mix together the beans, enchilada sauce, olives, tame jalapenos and water. Place 1/3 of the bean mixture on the bottom of pan. Cover this with 1/3 of the tortillas ripped to cover the entire pan. Sprinkle this layer with chopped onions and vegan cheese (optional). Repeat layering until all the mixture and tortillas are gone. The last layer should be beans and then vegan cheese (optional) and onion. Cover and let sit overnight. Preheat the oven to 350° and bake 30 minutes.