Vegan Coconut Date Balls Recipe
Easy, healthy no bake coconut date balls that are plant-based, vegan and good for you. A mix of sweet dried dates, organic coconut, a pretty roasted beet for color and a touch of exotic vanilla extract. No oil and no condensed milk necessary. Inspired by veggiesociety.com
- 7 large dates -dry and pitted
- 1 roasted red beet -small ( aprox 1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract +more to taste
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 2 tbsp coconut ground
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
Add the dates, beets and vanilla extract to a food processor and puree until a thick paste forms.
Add 1 cup of the coconut together with the hemp seeds and process together until combined.
Water your hands and carefully scoop put about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into balls.
Toss each ball into coconut or cocoa powder until coated and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Serve chilled or store into a sealed container for later snacking.
- Roll some in beet powder, matcha and green spirulina for a rainbow of colors! Eed, white and green coconut balls for Christmas!
- The dates in the recipe can be easily replaced with equal parts of dried figs or apricots if you fancy those flavors.