BALSAMIC ROASTED MUSHROOMS
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Clean any dirt or debris from the mushrooms, then slice any large mushrooms in half (you can leave them whole if they are small).
- Mince the garlic. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms in a ceramic or glass baking dish (choose a size that keeps the mushrooms close together, mostly in a single layer). Pour the marinade over top and stir to coat the mushrooms.
- Roast the mushrooms for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The mushrooms should release liquid as they roast, leaving liquid in the bottom of the dish until the last 15 minutes or so. If the dish dries up before the final 15 minutes, cover the dish with foil to prevent further evaporation or burning.
- After 45 minutes of roasting, give them a final stir and then serve. (I garnished with chopped parsley for color, but this is not necessary for flavor.)