Beet, Lemon, and Walnut Salad
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large lemons peeled and sectioned (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 large beets roasted and peeled (about 5 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts toasted
- 1 1/2 ounces goat cheese crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 3/8 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine sugar and lemon segments in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Remove lemon segments from bowl with a slotted spoon (reserve lemon juice mixture for another use).
- Thinly slice beets crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Arrange beet slices, lemon segments, and parsley on a large platter. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat cheese. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.