This soup hits all the right notes. It’s got a hint of sweet and a pinch of spice (and everything nice!).
Creamy vegan pumpkin soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pepitas (optional)
- Cashew cream (optional)
- Sprinkle of hot sauce (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- Carefully stir in the pumpkin, vegetable stock, coconut milk, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cayenne (if using).
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the soup has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a stand blender until very smooth. Garnish with pepitas, cashew cream, and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Inspired by wholelivinglauren.com