Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms cleaned or peeled and cut in half
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2-3 tbsp creme fraiche (vegan or regular)
- 100/1/2 g/cup fresh spinach (a couple of handfuls)
- a few slithers of vegan or veggie parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and pop on a plate to come to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 200c/180c fan/400f/gas mark 4.
- Saute the mushrooms in a large pan with olive oil, garlic and fresh thyme (pull the leaves of the sprigs) until they are soft and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper while they are cooking.
- Rinse and dry the spinach, then add to the pan and cook until it has wilted. Set aside and prepare the pastry.
- Roll out the pastry, leaving on the baking paper and place on a baking tray.
- Score out a border around the tart base.
- Spread an even layer of creme fraiche across the base, inside the border and season with black pepper.
- Top with the mushrooms and spinach, avoiding the border.
- Add a few slithers of vegan or vegetarian parmesan. Shave these of the block with a potato peeler.
- Rub a little olive oil around the border, then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with new potatoes and vegetable or salad.
You could use the whole pastry and spread the filling out more.