Heirloom Tomato Salad with Pistachios
What's better than a fresh tomato salad when they're ripe and in season? This salad is as simple as can be, with thin slices of heirloom tomatoes, sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, fragrant basil, and chopped and toasted pistachios. Heirloom tomatoes, also known as heritage tomatoes, don't always look perfect, but they always make up for it in taste! They're generally larger and less uniform in shape than regular tomatoes, and they come in a variety of colours. Pick heirlooms for any dish where the tomato is the star, like this beautiful and easy summer salad. Inspired by pranasnacks.com
- 6 heirloom tomatoes preferably in a variety of colours
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- ½ cup PRANA organic raw shelled pistachios
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices. Coarsely chop the larger leaves of basil but keep the smaller leaves intact.
- In a small frying pan, dry roast the pistachios for 2 to 3 minutes.Let cool before coarsely chopping.
- On a plate, place the tomato slices and sprinkle the basil and pistachios on top of them. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper