Heirloom Tomato Salad with Pistachios
- 6 heirloom tomatoes preferably in a variety of colours
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- ½ cup PRANA organic raw shelled pistachios
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices. Coarsely chop the larger leaves of basil but keep the smaller leaves intact.
- In a small frying pan, dry roast the pistachios for 2 to 3 minutes.Let cool before coarsely chopping.
- On a plate, place the tomato slices and sprinkle the basil and pistachios on top of them. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper