Quick and easy, this healthy Kale + Red Cabbage Slaw salad will add some freshness to your life! Includes a light dressing and added seeds for protein and crunch! Vegan, nut free and refined sugar free recipe.
Kale + Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 small bunch tuscan kale (aka, lacinato or dinosaur), thick stem removed and shredded
- 1/2 head small carrots shredded
- 1 – 2 carrots, grated or julienned (or use quartered baby carrots)
- 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (dressing)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (dressing)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (dressing)
- 2 tablespoons Water (dressing)
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste (dressing)
- In a small bowl, mix your dressing and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables and place in large bowl, add dressing and toss to coat.
- Add in seeds and toss again (or sprinkle over each portion before serving).
- Let salad rest a few minutes before eating, this will help soften the kale a bit.
For a creamier dressing, replace the oil with tahini. If you have fresh lemons on hand, this would be great with a big squeeze of lemon over top.
Inspired by simpleveganista.com
Health Ads by