This healthy chickpea salad is full of vibrant fresh ingredients with a Mediterranean flair. A healthy easy to make gluten free, vegetarian and vegan salad that is perfect to serve as a side at a BBQ or take along to a potluck. Inspired by lovefoodnourish.com
Mediterranean Chickpea salad
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed or 2 cans of chickpeas 400gm/15oz
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper/capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 avocado, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil (Dressing)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (Dressing)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Dressing)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (Dressing)
- Add all ingredients minus the basil and parsley into a bowl and combine.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing into a jug or a jar and whisk with a fork.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
- Can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.