This no-bake vegan blueberry cheesecake will melt in your mouth. It’s creamy, rich, sweet, and fruity. The recipe is plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, easy to make and almost raw! Inspired by elavegan.com
Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1/3 cup (60 g) nuts of choice
- 8 small soft (60 g) dates
- 2/3 cup (100 g) cashews
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100 g) coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp (60 g) agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut milk or almond milk, soy milk etc.
- 1 cup (150 g) blueberries + more for decoration
- 1 tsp maqui berry powder (optional)
- Soak cashews overnight or for at least 3 hours. It's also possible to boil the cashews in water for about 15 minutes until they are soft. Then drain the water and rinse the cashews.
- Blend the ingredients for the crust in your food processor (pulse about 10-20 seconds) and spread the crust in a 4-inch springform. Set aside.
- Now blend all cream ingredients (except the blueberries and the maqui berry powder) in your high-speed blender.
- Set aside about 2/3 of the cream and blend the remaining 1/3 of the cream with the blueberries. I also added 1 tsp of maqui berry powder and 1 tsp of lime juice for a vibrant purple color.
- Pour 1/2 of the light cream onto the crust and put the pan in the freezer for about half an hour
- Pour the purple cream on top and freeze again for half an hour.
- Finally, add the remaining light cream on top and decorate with some blueberries.
- Freeze again for at least 3 hours (or overnight)
- Let the cake thaw before you enjoy it.
Nuts: Use nuts of choice, for example, cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, etc. You can also use seeds like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, hemp seed, etc. instead.