Health Ads by
Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
Sticky Sesame Cauliflower – the sweet, sticky, & addictively delicious dish that tastes like a better-for-you version of Panda Express! Cauliflower—the darling vegetable of the year—is definitely having a moment.And with more and more cauliflower-based products hitting shelves each day, the cauliflower excitement doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. Inspired by chocolatecoveredkatie.com.
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped (6 1/2 cups florets)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/4 cup water
- sesame seeds and scallions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 F. Grease a baking pan or line with parchment.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, then slice so one side of each floret is flat. Arrange in a single layer in the greased pan.
- Bake 10 minutes on the center rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, sweetener, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. While waiting, stir together the cornstarch and water until cornstarch dissolves fully, then slowly whisk this into the saucepan as soon as it boils.
- Turn heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring more frequently once it returns to a boil. Cook until thick.
- You can also make the sauce ahead of time if desired, and it thickens more as it sits in the fridge.
- Flip cauliflower florets and bake 10 additional minutes. If desired, you can now move the pan to the top rack and broil 1-2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over florets. Sprinkle sesame seeds and optional scallions on top, and serve.