Thai Salad with Sesame Peanut Sauce
- small pot with a lid
- small blender
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 large red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 large carrot shaved or sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 2 cup kale loosely packed
- 3/4 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 3-4 green onions diced
- 1 batch Thai Peanut Sauce
- Bring quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all the water has absorbed. Once ready, fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare all the salad ingredients. Massage the kale and slice all the vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine the Thai Peanut Sauce ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- When quinoa is cooled, toss all salad ingredients together. Stir in Thai Peanut Sauce and serve.