This roasted carrot soup could not be easier or more delicious – and it’s vegan! You can have a hearty, healthy dinner on the table in less than an hour! It’s perfect for a quick dinner or meal prep for the week! Inspired by midwestfoodieblog.com
Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup
- 3 lbs. Carrots chopped into 3” pieces
- 1 yellow onion, sliced in 4 wedges
- 1 head garlic halved width wise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can full fat coconut milk, save a couple tablespoons for garnish if desired
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Coconut milk (For garnish)
- chopped pistachios (For garnish)
- fresh chopped parsley (For garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine curry powder, paprika, sage, thyme, garlic powder, cumin, and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle carrots and onions with seasoning and toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper the garlic. Fold the corners of the foil up, creating a sealed pouch around the garlic.
- Roast veggies for 50 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer carrots and onion to a high speed blender.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from the skins and into the blender as well.
- Add the vegetable broth and water and blend on high for about 3-5 minutes or until everything is smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture into a large pot over medium heat. Stir in coconut milk and white balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, chopped pistachios and fresh parsley.